Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2015

The Untold Story

Every book tells a story. But at the same time, the same book also has a story of its own to tell. 'The Heat and Dust project'  for instance, will always rest on my shelf as a reminder that I bought this out of wanderlust; lured by the synopsis, and secretly hoping to embark on a similar journey of eccentricity, like the couple in the book, who decided to travel the country on an unrealistic budget of Rs.500 a day. But more than that, it will remind me that I bought it using a Flipkart voucher (one of the many that Meher won in school for academic excellence). As I sat looking at the Flipkart screen and all the vouchers, partly with pride at her achievements, and partly making a mental note of what I wanted for myself (selfish me), she noticed me; and the kind-hearted princess that she is, handed over two to me, saying she was through with her list and that I could redeem them for whatever I wanted. So I bought this book and a hair-dryer :), from my 13 year old’s prize-money!


One day, when I'm gone, if someone finds this book somewhere, whether in a torn condition, or in a state intact, whether in a public library or at a second-hand book dealer's, he would validate, that every book, has in fact, more than a story to tell…….


No comments:

Post a Comment